Social Media Reaction – Dramatic results in Tyrone


Omagh's Cormac O'Neill attempts to put the stoppers on Clonoe's Dwayne Quinn. MC 37

Omagh’s Cormac O’Neill attempts to put the stoppers on Clonoe’s Dwayne Quinn. MC 37

There was plenty of drama in Tyrone at the weekend.

Firstly the champions Trillick were knocked out by Killyclogher on a scoreline of 2-10 to 1-9. The result provided a measure of consolation for Killyclogher who had lost to Trillick in last year’s decider. Trillick scored a goal late on to put Killyclogher under pressure, but the latter side were able to control the game til the finish.

Dromore’s 3-9 to 1-8 victory over Ardboe came at a cost as they lost Eoin McCusker to a straight red card. Niall Sludden nabbed two goals for Dromore.

But the big result of the weekend was Clonoe’s dramatic win over Omagh in their replayed first round game. Connor O’Donnell had put St Enda’s ahead by a point going into injury time. However, in the very last attack of the game Dan McNulty managed to blast the ball to the net to earn Clonoe a 2-8 to 1-9 victory.

It is worth pointing out that the first game ended in a similar fashion, as McNulty scored an injury-time point to level the scores. This time his contribution was more decisive.

However, some Omagh fans were angry at the referee because they felt that he had played too much injury time. There was supposed to have been three minutes played, but the final whistle was blown after the 64th minute.

Coalisland’s game against Kildress did not go ahead as Healy Park was deemed to be waterlogged.

Here’s what the fans had to say about the game on Twitter.

Receive quality journalism wherever you are, on any device. Keep up to date from the comfort of your own home with a digital subscription.
Any time | Any place | Anywhere


Gaelic Life is published by North West of Ireland Printing & Publishing Company Limited, trading as North-West News Group.
Registered in Northern Ireland, No. R0000576. 10-14 John Street, Omagh, Co. Tyrone, N. Ireland, BT781DW